Discipline Project Reflective Essay
For this reflective essay, spend time explaining your translation, from scholarly source to popular source, in detail. The reflection should address things such as the visual and written conventions you had to revise in the scholarly source to meet the popular model conventions. What were some of the organizational strategies you followed? What content needed to be revised and why? How did you modify word choice and tone? Popular sources stick to the essentials, but still cover important aspects of the scholarly source such as the importance of the research and the findings.
Lastly, make a clear connection between the rhetoric in your selected scholarly source and your discipline. What is the purpose of this rhetoric? Is it effective? Does it leave gaps in research?
1) Identify the scholarly source and the model you used for your translation.
2) What was the rhetorical situation?
3) Explain how you modified the scholarly rhetoric (tone, word choice, organization, style, etc.) for the appropriate, general public audience.
4) Do you feel as though you constructed an appropriate popular article?
5) What were some of the challenges you faced in this assignment?
6) What does rhetoric look like in your discipline?
7) APA formatted, 1-2 pages, not including references.
8) You may write in a first-person perspective.