Developing a curriculum vitae helps to establish the level of professional and academic development. It plays a vital role in identifying the skills aligned to the career of choice. Besides, one should create professional development goals, both short- and long-term.
Team-oriented Psych NP with a strong passion for the practice through a stable relationship with patients, colleagues, and the local community. I am a professional committed to help others to overcome their psychological challenges.
- Practical inpatient and outpatient caregiving
- Strong communication skills
- Trained emergency responder
- Accomplished in psychopharmacology
- Suicide risk assessment
- Psychiatric wellness clinic
- Psych nurse practitioner
Professional Development Goals
- To seek employment as a full-time psych NP
- To improve the quality of patient care by advancing my knowledge (DeNisco & Barker, 2015).
- To be an educator for other psych NP students (Falk, Falk, & Ung, 2016)
- To empower other nurses through effective leadership (Kuokkanen et al., 2016)
Alignment with Social Change
One of my professional goals is to improve the quality of patient care by advancing my knowledge. I will align the professional goal with the University’s emphasis on social change. The institution is committed to changing social relationships with clients, colleagues, and other members of the community to enhance care (Rasmussen, Henderson, & Muir-Cochrane, 2014). I will develop the necessary communication, collaboration, and other social skills to become an essential part of the change and even educate others to enhance their psych nursing knowledge (Finkelman, 2017). Therefore, by advancing my knowledge, I will be a critical part of the change process.
The Curriculum Vitae is a statement of my academic and professional achievement aligned with my career as a psych RN. I have also developed professional development goals that will help me to provide quality care to my patients to become an important part of social change at the institution.